Physical Library Experience
1. @ginabead what is the role that staff-customer interaction play in the library user experience?
2. Question: Can Nate comment on how his principles translate into the physical branch user experience?
3. @martinhouse where is the line between integration of 3rd party apis and the need to filter info for the public especialy young users?
4. @Seonag great webinar very thought provoking – thanks ULC <applause>
5. @yestoknow Libraries facilitate great discussions…questions…answers 17 minutes ago from web
6. somernewland Houston Public Library sends a resounding round of applause to ULC! @boltron
7. @queequegs oh! how awesome to link to our studies on the ulc web page! merci! i’m ill-ing the young book now…
Library UX Research
9. @queequegs I would love to see other ux studies and results–we just tested a paper-based new card application and it worked great.
Labels and Naming
10. @boltpeters @yestoknow patron, user, customer? Can help to focus on what they’re doing rather than what they are. Can be all at diff times.
11. @yestoknow There is interest in alternate words for databases..share your thoughts
12. @brewinlibrarian RT @yestoknow: Database–it is about what it can do not that it is a database (Nate)
13. @yestoknow What to call a database? Depends on what is in it (Nate) 24 minutes ago from web
14. @yestoknow Database–it is about what it can do not that it is a database (Nate)
15. @yestoknow patron, user, customer? Good question (stil)…
16. Question: what word or term would you use rather than database?
17. Question: any suggestions for a term(s) besides “research database(s)” ?
18. Question: The challenge with libraries is that we see our (potential) users as *everyone* which I think, makes many of our attempts to design good ux fall flat. Anyone care to comment?
19. @PCPLetc is non-intuitiveness sometimes necessary? not w library interfaces 27 minutes ago from mobile web
20. @carolbatt Mary Ann please speak about importance of social networking sites for public libraries.
How do we get things done?
21. @martinhouse @yestknow we have talked a lot about inutitive design but do we need more than APIs to become a social media
22. @boltpeters @gschwab prototyping is great & napkins seriously a good, cheap place to start–go for it!
23. @Elicroos we have lots of folks who care about ux–we need more folks who program and utilize api’s lol
25. @PCPLetc libraries say ux is responsibility of public services 35 minutes ago from mobile web
26. @PCPLetc wordpress site doesnt need a web programmer @yestoknow don’t worry how it fits at first 44 minutes ago from web
27. @vjpitch language is a virus. laurie anderson said it best. @ lucienk RT @yestoknow: Mental Models by Indi Young about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck
28. # Knittingbrow_normal gschwab we use PS and Digital services and IT to develop our UX. about 1 hour ago from TwitterFon
29. # Lucien-profile-2_normal lucienk damn poll doesn’t have a submit button. my user experience is poor! about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck